Coils are the heating mechanism found in vapes. They’re made from a variety of metals, each with different properties. The coil is found inside the tank, attached to the deck. Cotton or wicking material is placed inside these wires. When the user fires up the mod, heat travels through the metal, heating the e-juice that saturates the cotton.
Types of Wire
There are a variety of wires available on the market today. A few of the most popular are:
- Kanthal – This is the most common and least expensive wire used for vaping. It’s the most long-lasting than regular varieties. Its easily flexible and can withstand high temperatures – up to 1,500 degrees Celsius! This is the perfect wire for beginners, as it’s easy to work with.
- Nichrome – Nickel chromium wires are much more energy efficient. It takes very little electricity to get them heated enough to produce vapour. It also produces a cleaner taste as compared to other metals, as it does not contain steel. Because its more expensive than Kanthal, its recommended for semi-advanced vapers.
- Steel Wire – Steel wire is the best choice for vapers who are particular about their temperatures. It contains pure stainless steel – nothing else. It’s almost as durable as Kanthal and won’t burn easily. It also heats up faster than nickel chromium. To add to this, they retain heat very well, requiring less energy after every fire.
- Nickel – Nickel has the fastest heat-up time out of all the bunch. It also doesn’t alter the juice flavours. However, when used at high temperatures, it can melt. This is recommended for people with regulated mods. Those with mechanical vapes should stay away from nickel wires.
- Titanium – This is the most expensive type of wire you’ll find anywhere. It beats every type of wire when it comes to performance. However, it can be hard to work with. Without knowledge of the technical aspects of vaping, it can lead to potential risks. When heated above 1,200 degrees Celsius, it releases titanium dioxide, which poses as a fire hazard. Only experienced vapers should go for titanium wires.
Shop at Hoopers Vapour to get the best coils for vaping.